Mary Weiller
Share this content

Interest income earned by a UK non resident

Interest income earned by a UK non resident

I am domiciled in Germany. I need to file a German tax return.

I own some properties in the UK, hence file a UK return. In addition to that, I also receive bank interest, some are untaxed and some are taxed. I have excluded both from my UK return and as a result do not get personal allowance. I also believe I need to include the interest income in my German tax return.
What should I be declaring:-
a)      Both the taxed and untaxed income or just the untaxed interest?
b)      What about the tax that I paid in the UK? Do I reclaim through my German tax return or do I write to the Inland Revenue here.
Please help
Thank you


Please login or register to join the discussion.

There are currently no replies, be the first to post a reply.

Share this content