Investment property revaluation

How to account for investment property revaluation gain under FRS102

Didn't find your answer?

Is it okay to recognise revaluation gain or fair value adjustments on investment property through profit and loss rather than oci and can use SOCE to transfer the gain from profit and loss into reserve please? 

Replies (2)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By johngroganjga
26th Nov 2019 08:20

It's not just OK, it's what FRS 102 requires you to do.

FRS 102 does not require the reserve transfer, but I am not aware of any reason why you could not do it provided it was properly explained and disclosed. An alternative would be to disclose how much of the retained profits at each year end were not distributable profits. But I don't believe that FRS 102 requires even that.

Thanks (0)