Share this content

Limited company moving to Scotland

Limited company is moving to Scotland

I act for a limited company and the director has decided to move to Scotland and undertake his consultancy business from there.

I tried to enter the new address as the registered office but as it was an England and Wales company it needed an address in U.K.

I now have a UK address ( his relative) but are  there any complications I should be aware of?

I presume it ok to continue as a U.K. Company?

I am aware there may well be issues as to residence under personal taxation..

Many thanks


Please login or register to join the discussion.

22nd Sep 2017 10:30

There's no such thing as a "UK company"

An E+W company needs an address in E+W. Scotland or Norn Iron will not do.

You need an accommodation address or a new company.

Thanks (0)
to lionofludesch
22nd Sep 2017 11:20

I did clearly state I have now obtained an address in England for the company.

Thanks (1)
to mikeyban
22nd Sep 2017 11:44

OK - well, you said UK but I'll take the point.

As long as the relative at the registered office passes on the mail efficiently, you should have no problems.

Thanks (0)
to lionofludesch
22nd Sep 2017 12:00

Thank you for your help.

Thanks (1)
By Ruddles
22nd Sep 2017 10:48

Did I miss IndyRef2?

Thanks (0)
22nd Sep 2017 16:04

I assume the relative is aware that if anything goes wrong with the company they will get bailiffs/debt collectors/HMRC knocking at their door. The client is better off seeking an accommodation address

Thanks (0)
to bernard michael
22nd Sep 2017 16:13

A Scottish company would be the best answer for me - albeit with my incomplete knowledge of the facts.

Thanks (0)
to lionofludesch
22nd Sep 2017 20:13

And given the way the tax system is going up here a Scottish accountant.

My father's law firm had correspondent firms in England and Ireland, for cross border work, maybe in a few years time the same will be required for accountants.

Thanks (0)
Share this content