Share this content

Motor expenses

Motor expenses

I have a client who uses a van 70% business use and 30% use in his limited company.

When preparing his SA return I will claim 70% of the cost of the van against his sole trader income.

Can I then claim FPCS for the 30% use in the limited company.

Thanks in advance for your replies.


Please login or register to join the discussion.

07th Dec 2012 09:54

Motor Expenses

Yes. The 30% you will be disallowing in the personal tax computation is the element of non-business use.   

Your client is then using his own van for work on behalf of the Limited company, so can claim the mileage from the Limited company under the FPCS. 

Thanks (1)
Share this content