I have been asked for some advice by a friend, off the record, but can't help as I don't deal with limited companies.
Mrs A owns 24% of a limited company and the director, Mr B owns the other 76%.
Mr B has recently opened the new limited company, of which he owns 100%. The new limited company will continue trading exactly as the old one did. Mr B has moved all of the assets from the original company to the new one. He is now dissolving the original company. Not sure why he is doing this, but suspect it could relate to outstanding corporation tax / VAT bills. Effectively, Mrs A now owns 24% of nothing.
Mrs A has provided the following figures from the last set of abbreviated accounts.
Total Assets 37,000
Mr B Directors Loan 43,000
Other Liabilities 32,000
Total Liabilities 75,000
Current net worth -38,000
Fixed Assets 182,000
Net Book Value 0
The company was also carrying forward a trading loss of approximately £38,000. This was approximately £50,000 the year before.
I can see that the limited company owed Mr B more than it had, in terms of cash and debtors. But Mrs A has asked if she can take this further, as the fixed assets would have had a value, even though they'd be fully depreciated. The fixed assets that Mr B transferred to his new company must have been worth approximately £100,000 at their current value.
Can he move the assets without her permission? And can she do anything about the fact that she now earns 24% of nothing?
Sorry I can't provide more information. This is all that I was given.