Share this content
2

Moving clients to MTD for VAT to Agent Services AC

Didn't find your answer?

I'm aware that the rules are changing re MTD for VAT and all VAT registered businesses are going to have to move shortly.  I have several clients who are below the threshold at the moment but I would like to move them onto MTD now.  However, when I looked at doing this just now, I was informed that I had 29 clients who would be moved over to my new Agent Services Account - clearly VAT and Self-Assement.  Since MTD for Self-Assessment isn't coming in for a couple of years, I'm not sure of the implications of moving SA clients.  I assumed that I would have a choice of just moving clients' VAT accounts - but it appears not to be the case.  Has anyone else got experience of this?  What happens once everyone is moved to the new Agent Services account in terms of accessing client records?

Replies (2)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By Duggimon
22nd Feb 2021 12:18

dl100tr wrote:

I'm aware that the rules are changing re MTD for VAT and all VAT registered businesses are going to have to move shortly. 

That's not true.

dl100tr wrote:

I have several clients who are below the threshold at the moment but I would like to move them onto MTD now.  However, when I looked at doing this just now, I was informed that I had 29 clients who would be moved over to my new Agent Services Account - clearly VAT and Self-Assement. 

That's not what it said.

dl100tr wrote:

Since MTD for Self-Assessment isn't coming in for a couple of years, I'm not sure of the implications of moving SA clients.  I assumed that I would have a choice of just moving clients' VAT accounts - but it appears not to be the case.

That is the case.

dl100tr wrote:

Has anyone else got experience of this?  What happens once everyone is moved to the new Agent Services account in terms of accessing client records?

The bulk link is transferring your authorisation over. You still need to individually sign each of them up for MTD for VAT if you want to file through the ASA. I would suggest not doing so for those for whom it is not mandatory because there's no real point, unless it somehow makes it easier for you, your information on the change that's coming isn't correct, as far as I know.

Thanks (0)
Replying to Duggimon:
avatar
By garystirling
22nd Feb 2021 12:59

By shortly, he means April 2022

Thanks (1)
Share this content