Share this content

My husband works for me as an practice manager.

We share the same accountant

Didn't find your answer?

However I am unhappy in our marriage, suspect him of past affairs and foind him domineering and controlling. I am stuck and wonder if a first step  would be to get a new accountant rather than sharing his. I would like to sell the business but at present support him ( and 2 adult  children living at home) financially. Any advice.

Replies (3)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By Accountant A
15th Jun 2020 20:48


Thanks (1)
By Calculatorboy
16th Apr 2020 00:38

You need independent legal advice ,

Your present accountant if he is a member of a recognised professional body should tell you if there is a conflict of interests

Divorce is really complicated but if it's a long marriage with children , Its equalization of assets and of income .

The main income earner might be able to avoid ongoing maintenance as a "clean break" by accepting less than 50% assets , maybe between 1/4 and 1/3rd total marital assets but are then free not to pay maintenance

This is just not legal advice

hope it works out

Thanks (1)
My photo
By Matrix
16th Apr 2020 07:09

Does he own shares in the business?

Thanks (1)
Share this content