Share this content

Non resident client wants to submit a tax return

The client (a UK citizen) owns an empty UK house, lives in Bulgaria & has friends in same situation

Didn't find your answer?

who submit a tax return and pay their taxes in the UK and ignore the Bulgarian tax authority.

Is this legal from the UK point of view?

Replies (2)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By blox
03rd Apr 2018 14:30

What kind of income is tax to be paid on?
Where is the income to be taxed earned, UK or Bulgaria?
What does the double taxation agreement say about taxing that income?

Thanks (1)
By SteveHa
03rd Apr 2018 16:10

Unless all of the income arises in the UK, then HMRC will only be interested in the UK portion (if any).

Bulgaria will still want their pound and a half of flesh, regardless.

Thanks (0)
Share this content