Share this content

Non resident contractor needs help

My visa was declined but I could still keep my job if I work from abroad

Hi all,

Basically, after living in the UK for many yearsmy tier 2 visa was declined due to insufficient salary.

I can still keep my job whilst working from my computer abroad. Most probably I will be moving between countries. Essentially I have a limited company in the UK with a UK business bank account. The only way I could keep the job is if my salary is paid into a UK account. I am thinking of setting up an offshore company so that I can transfer the salary from the UK account to an offshore account. This would allow me access to the funds and also not be taxed. How would I go about it is my question since uk companies are subject to corporation tax and not dealing with payroll and all the HMRC hassles when you pay in a salary. Please note I am the only director of the company. Is there a way about it?


Many thanks if you could help... 


Please login or register to join the discussion.

By zarar
12th Jul 2018 17:54

Firstly if you are receiving a salary then you are an employee. How does your limited company come into it?

You need to pay for some professional advice, this is a forum for accountants

Thanks (1)
By Matrix
12th Jul 2018 21:54

Generally companies which are resident in the UK are subject to corporation tax. If you migrate the control outside the UK then the company may lose its residence (but may be resident elsewhere). Call HMRC (corporation tax office) when you leave and tell them or engage an adviser. I have never done this but if you don't have a visa to live here then let them know the facts.

Thanks (0)
Share this content