Share this content

Overpaid on final VAT return

Didn't find your answer?

Search AccountingWEB

I am a UK sole trader who has been VAT registered for a few years.

Decided to de register for VAT due to being under £80,000 turnover.

Submitted my final VAT return, but made a mistake of copying wrong value into form. I paid £1,500 with only £300 sales for that period.

I understand it is normal to claim it back on the next return.

Would I need to re register for VAT or is there another way?


Please login or register to join the discussion.

Share this content