Share this content



could  a higher tax payer who has income from joint rental property give higher share of the income to his spouse instead of 50% each

Is he required to notify HMRC if so what form does he need to complete 

Many thanks  


Please login or register to join the discussion.

28th Nov 2012 12:45


Is this a partnership or joint ownership.

It is possible to notify HMRC on form 17 - Beneficial Income Election - if the ownership is not a straight 50:50.

This ratio then applies to all taxes. It can be varied at a later date and any CGT comp will time apportion the gain between the differing periods of ownership ratios

Thanks (0)
Share this content