Share this content

Portable A1 Form

Portable A1 Form

Didn't find your answer?

My client owns a holiday home in Portugal.  He was employed in the UK and has now retired and no longer pays national insurance.  He had a portable A1 form in place in Portugal which has now expired and the Portugese authorities are saying that it needs to be renewed.  However the DWP are refusing to give him one as he doesn't pay NI.  Has anyone got any advice on what he can do?

Replies (1)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By sharonm1
21st Mar 2016 16:00

Form CA8421

We had exactly the same thing and were told by HMRC to complete CA8421 showing the rental income as self-employment. We weren't able to download the form from HMRC but a helpful person at NIC emailed one to us and we returned it to the NIC & EO central address. It took a couple of months but the form A1 did arrive and the Portuguese tax authorities were happy with it. 

Thanks (0)
Share this content

Related posts