Share this content

Receipt of French dividend without withholding tax

How to claim UK residence so a French company can pay a dividend without withholding tax

Didn't find your answer?

My client who is resident in the UK has a shareholding in a small French company but dividends received from this company are paid to him after the deduction of French withholding tax.

Can any readers point me in the right direction as to the documentation which needs to be completed to confirm that he is UK resident and which will satisfy both HMRC and their French equivalent? 

Replies (2)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By Tax Dragon
26th Mar 2020 09:25

What persuaded you that he was UK resident?

Thanks (0)
By Tim Vane
26th Mar 2020 09:30

Just ask HMRC for a certificate of tax residence.

Thanks (0)
Share this content

Related posts