Share this content

Reclaim vat on van

On Hp

Didn't find your answer?

Sole trader purchased van on HP, I have recommend he registers for VAT to reclaim vat on van but also set up limited company.he is under threshold but al customers at VAT registered 

he won’t be able to transfer van to LTD co and not charge VAT under TOGC rules because of HP agreements , is there any other solution? 

Replies (1)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By Les Howard
05th Sep 2018 16:53

Usually you would claim the entire input tax on the initial HP payment, as it is a supply of goods, not services. So, register the sole trader for VAT, and then do a TOGC.
If it is a lease, then you would need a different solution.

Thanks (0)
Share this content