Share this content

Rent a Room Relief and Property Allowance

Can one person get both reliefs (on separate income streams)?

Didn't find your answer?

Search AccountingWEB

Client is renting a room in his home and he is renting out a separate property. Can he get the rent a room relief on his own home and the property allowance on the rental property? I can't find anything to say they are mutually exclusive unless on the same business. I assume this can be viewed as two separate property businesses? Previous accountant didn't allow both so I am worried that I am missing something! He also received a salary from his own company but I don't think that is relevant.  Thank you for your help

Replies (2)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By Tim Vane
04th May 2019 15:21

The other accountant is probably correct although you don’t give enough info to be sure. You seem to think it is possible for an individual to have 2 UK property businesses. It isn’t.

Thanks (0)
By Wanderer
04th May 2019 18:34
Thanks (1)
Share this content