Share this content

Sage 2202 VAT Liability

The external accountant has put a journal to adjust code 2202 in sage for the year end

Didn't find your answer?

So my question is surely sage won’t pick this up on the VAT return? The accountant has put it in 2202 saying we owe this amount.

If I put a manually adjustment on the VAT return is this the best way to account for it or should it have been posted to 2201

Replies (3)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By SXGuy
21st Mar 2019 06:46

Ask your accountant? We can't 2nd guess why he's does what he does.

Thanks (0)
By Cheshire
21st Mar 2019 07:50

Agree you need to get specifics from your accountant to understand the other half of the transaction, sales under claim or purchases overclaim.

What he/she has done, alone, will not pick up on the vat return.

Ideally a t1 journal entry to the control account is required., other a to.

When you run the vat it will move it, as usual, to the vat payable account.

Thanks (0)
21st Mar 2019 11:15

It could be for after date transactions so it could be possible that it has already been dealt with. Definitely best to ask your accountant and it'll most likely be a quick and easy response for them.

Thanks (1)
Share this content

Related posts