Share this content
0
327

SAP part payment of invoice

SAP part payment of invoice

If I was to part settle 20% of an vendor invoice, should the 20% payment be matched against the invoice and the relating FX on the 20% be cleared to a realised GL account? And the remaining 80% outstanding invoice FX would revalue each month to a unrealised GL?

Conceptually would this be the correct methodically?

Many thanks 

Replies

Please login or register to join the discussion.

avatar
By J T
07th Sep 2017 11:20

Can't say whether it works in SAP (not used it for a fair few years). Method wise:
Yes you definitely should match the 20%.
In management accounts there are several options for FX but without knowing your policies that seems like the best option. I would treat 20% as if it is a paid invoice and the 80% the same way as anything unpaid.

Thanks (0)
avatar
By J T
07th Sep 2017 11:22

Oh and if you engage in hedging for stat purposes good luck as it may affect the treatment. I hope it is not material at year end.

Thanks (0)
Share this content