Share this content

Selling VCT Shares Within 5 Years

How to repay 30% tax relief claimed on VCT shares because they were sold within 5 Years.

Didn't find your answer?

I have a client who has sold VCT shares within 5 years of investment date. I know that the 30% upfront tax relief must now be repaid. How do you report this to HMRC, is this entered on a tax return, is there a form to do this or should a letter be sent to HMRC?

Replies (1)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By grahambonds
12th Feb 2020 15:24

Best to do it by letter with full details then HMRC will raise an assessment - s271 ITA '07.

Thanks (1)
Share this content

Related posts