Share this content

Share for share exchange clearance

Guidance required


Please could anybody give me guidance/links on the format and content of clearance letters for a share for share exchange to new holding company and for claiming relief from stamp duty on transfer of a property to the new holding company?

Thanks for your help.


Please login or register to join the discussion.

15th Oct 2018 13:56

There is no letter for claiming relief from stamp duty (or even SDLT, for that matter) on transferring the property. It is all dealt with on the SDLT return.

For stamp duty relief on the share for share exchange (if the relief applies), there is guidance at: onwards.

For CGT, just follow the legislation, and the guidance at: onwards.

Thanks (0)
Share this content