I'm an ACA qualified accountant with 7 years experience. However, I have had a 2-year career break and due to various reasons (flexibility, time), I'm looking to set up as a sole practitioner.
I plan to work with individual and small companies helping clients with:
1) Self-assessment tax returns for (a) Contractors / personal service company users (b) builders/tradesmen so need to understand CIS (c) Private drivers etc
2) Other sole traders not in (1) above
4) PAYE & income extraction (dividends etc)
5) Small company book-keeping
6) Accounting assistance for small business and help clients in preparing annual accounts - property companies, digital marketing agencies etc
6) Some basic tax planning/efficiency for business benefits for workers
As I've been out of practice for a while, I need to refresh my knowledge. Is there any courses you could recommend or if there's anything a sole practitioner should know which perhaps I've missed from above?
On a side note, if anyone has advice / can share their experience as a sole practitioner that would be great! Or any support networks / groups for knowledge which are recommended!
Thanks in advance