Share this content

Split year treatment

How to tax returning taxpayer after living abroad

Didn't find your answer?

Uk citizen has lived and worked in USA for a number of years. Always completed a SA return for renting out his house in Uk

Returned to UK in November and is now living and working in UK

Does this count as split year, must be include 2018 USA income on 2019 SA return 

thanks in advance 

Replies (1)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By carnmores
25th Mar 2019 19:27

My understanding is that split year treatment applies automatically but you have to fill in the non resident pages. as far as i understand it and i need to check the foreign income is excluded though of course the trental income is for the whole year

Thanks (0)
Share this content