Share this content

Split year treatment

Split year treatment

Is it right to say that the split year basis won't apply if an individual intends to come to the UK for a period of less than two years? In that instance are all income and gains made in the tax year of arrival (even if made before the date of arrival) subject to UK tax? What's the logic in the split year basis only applying if there is an intention to stay permanently or for more than two years? Just curious....

Thank you.


Please login or register to join the discussion.

28th Nov 2012 11:24

Depends when they arrive

1) Yes


2) Depends when they arrive (if less than 183 days in tax year of arrival then UK non resident that year) and where they are coming from (treaty relief likely)


3) I'm not sure of the exact logic

Thanks (1)
Share this content