Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Errors - Paying it back

Client made an error and would like to pay back the overclaimed amount. HOW?

Didn't find your answer?

I have scoured the internet and HMRC's website and called all sorts of phone numbers and no one knows how to pay back an SSP Rebate overclaim which has been calculated incorrectly (spotted shortly after sumitting the claim). 

Called the Covid 19 helpline who put a note on the account that error was spotted straight away and attempt to amend over the phone but obviously I couldn't do that. HMRC Advisor requested I call back when monies paid into the client's bank account. As soon as client confirmed I called back and guess what, now that the scheme is closed that phone line is now inactive!


Anyone got anywhere with this ?

Replies (2)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By lionofludesch
30th Mar 2022 13:52

Letter, cheque - after that, the ball's in HMRC's court.

My conscience would be clear.

Thanks (2)
By Ben10Rose
30th Mar 2022 14:09

Seems reasonable, Thanks

Thanks (0)