Share this content

Strike off a company with an outstanding charge

Strike off a company with an outstanding charge

Didn't find your answer?

I have a client with a dormant company we wish to strike off. It has an outstanding charge per companies House, dating back to the 1980s. It has been dormant since 1992 so I think it ought to be safe to assume the charge is satisfied but simply not recorded as such at CH. Previous accountant has no record of it. Can we simply apply to strike the company off and see if anyone objects or do we need to do something about the charge first? I'm reluctant to make a filing to say it's satisfied as I can't prove it has been. 

Replies (4)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

My photo
By Matrix
22nd May 2019 17:23

If you are unable to make the statement then either get the client to complete and sign the DS01 to the best of their knowledge and belief or just don’t file accounts and confirmation statements and see what happens. Unless you need the name now? In which case pass a resolution to change the name.

Thanks (1)
Lisa Thomas
By Insolvency Practitioner
23rd May 2019 10:17

Any debt will die with the Company on dissolution. The client should send the DS01 form the the chargeholder just to cover themselves, or alternatively wait for C House to strike off for non filing in due course.

Thanks (1)
Replying to Insolvency Practitioner:
By stepurhan
23rd May 2019 14:12

Just letting C House do it may no longer be a wise option judging by this thread.

Thanks (1)
Replying to stepurhan:
By whatdoyoumeanwashe
23rd May 2019 14:29

Don't worry, I won't just leave it. Aside from seeming fairly unprofessional to do that, this company is the difference between having to prepare consolidated accounts and not.

Thanks (0)
Share this content

Related posts