Share this content

Student query

Student query

We have a student whom a client wants to hire from outside the EU. Reading the online UK visa on the government website the first part states that students should support herself and dependents, live in the UK without going into business or getting a job or needing help from public funds,

Further on in the same document it states they can work part time but cannot exceed 20 hours a week during term time....it is not part of her studies.

Is there anything our client may need to do to ensure he is properly complying with hiring her.
Simon Lewis


Please login or register to join the discussion.

By elva_w
14th Nov 2008 10:38

Work Permit
You need work permit for this case, the student visa only apply if the he/she is the full time student.

You can find more information at homeoffice website, they change the name to Tier 1 or something now.

Thanks (0)
Share this content