Share this content

Tax repayable by recoding

Will this happen in this case?

Didn't find your answer?

Mr Jones owes £2,000 tax due to dividends. He is in a full-time job and a 40% tax payer. Can he expect that the extra tax will be taken via his tax code, or is this too much, and should he make a direct payment to HMRC for this? I've asked for it to be taken via his tax code, but have a feeling that only amounts up to £1k are taken this way. 

Replies (2)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By Moonbeam
13th Sep 2019 10:39

Well, I've answered my own question. I found something on HMRC's website. The limit is £3k so all is well!

Thanks (1)
By zarar
13th Sep 2019 15:41

The limit it £3,000

Thanks (0)
Share this content