Share this content

Tax Residence UK

Residence for tax

A client was tax resident 2014/5.In 2015/2016 they left on 11/05/2015 for work overseas and rented their home in UK. Spent in total 62 days in UK pre and post leaving in 2015/2016.

As a result of pregnancy they are thinking of returning to UK in December 2015.

Would they be able to claim a split year  for 2016/2017?

My thoughts are they could not because under case 6 they had been resident in UK in 2015/2016 


Please login or register to join the discussion.

There are currently no replies, be the first to post a reply.

Share this content