Tony S
Share this content

Tax return for deceased client with no UTR

Tax return for deceased client with no UTR

Client has asked me to do a tax return for his deceased Aunt.

She passed away last August. She has never done a tax return so does not have a UTR. HMRC have not asked for a return to be completed. There will however be extra tax due because of Life assurance gains.

What is the best way to go about reportig this to HMRC?



Please login or register to join the discussion.

23rd Feb 2016 09:41

Not something I have ever had to deal with, but surely it's just like any other taxpayer having to register for SA, the taxpayer in this case being the executors.

Thanks (1)
23rd Feb 2016 09:47

I’d be tempted to write a

I’d be tempted to write a letter for the executor. Enclose tax computations and a cheque for the tax owed.

Thanks (2)
23rd Feb 2016 09:49

Use the HMRC

Bereavement Tool

It might point you in the right direction

Thanks (1)
Share this content