Tax return previous year

Need advice

Didn't find your answer?

I used a particular umbrella company for my locum jobs in previous year, this company has now been listed in tax avoidance scheme and issued with stop notice by HMRC.

I have now been sent with penalty notice by HMRC for using this company in past.

I would be grateful for your advice.

Kind regards

Replies (7)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By Paul Crowley
02nd May 2024 11:33

Use the money you saved in tax and national insurance to get a good accountant.

Thanks (6)
By taxdigital
02nd May 2024 11:34

I think you will need to get the adviser to agree to the scope of work, and the fee quote first, to be followed by client due diligence and formal instructions before an adviser can help you.

Thanks (0)
By Leywood
02nd May 2024 11:40

DIYers. Deserve all they get.

Google ‘find an accountant/tax advisor’

Thanks (3)
Replying to Leywood:
By Dougscott
02nd May 2024 12:55

Unfortunately many companies are operating on behalf of employment agencies and people like carers/nurses etc are forced to use the employment agency's scheme thinking it is legitimate. I don't know if that is the case here but if it is the guy needs a bit more sympathy.

Thanks (3)
By Dougscott
02nd May 2024 12:57

You really must get an accountant who is used to dealing with these kinds of cases to represent you.

Thanks (1)
Replying to Dougscott:
By Amjbha
02nd May 2024 13:53

Thanks much appreciated.

Thanks (0)
By JCresswellTax
02nd May 2024 14:14

How on earth do you expect any advice from us?

Jesus wept.

Thanks (1)