Share this content

Tax status when abroad

Hi all, 

I am moving to Canada next week, and as per agreement with my UK employer, I will continue on a payroll until mid-November until my UK work permit visa expiry. I have already given my notice, so will continue getting paid on my UK account until then. I will become a Canadian tax resident immediately as I enter Canada next week and am currently on vacation abroad (will not enter UK anymore). So my question is, what will be my tax status in the UK and how will my income be treated by HMRC? Do I need to fill in the P85 form? 



Please login or register to join the discussion.

There are currently no replies, be the first to post a reply.

Share this content