This is a little announcement that there is a new Any Answers topic option available to classify your posts under the heading, “Opportunities”.
AccountingWEB members with long memories will recall that the previous incarnation of the site included a page that allowed you to post requests for work, job openings and blocks of fees for sale.
Barely a month goes by without someone mentioning it to the editorial team, so we decided it was time to give in to public demand and find a way to reinstate the feature.
At the moment, the Opportunities page is just like any other stream in Any Answers, but if it develops as we think and hope it will, we will look to upgrade the facility into a more prominent and sustainable part of the AccountingWEB experience.
With such a low-key approach, we opted not to put too many restrictions around what is or isn’t suitable to post, so the usual practice/fees for sale and job-related posts – including recruitment ads posted directly by accountants – are fair game, as are early-stage software initiatives, market research and other non-specific commercial ventures.
However, we will ask for members to abide by some simple rules and reserve the right to remove any posts without explanation that the editors deem to fall outside our remit to provide a useful service to members. So:
- Please only post your Opportunity once
- Limit your Opportunity posts to no more than three a month
- Use the Personal Message function to solicit replies – we do not want Opportunities to become a dumping ground for spammy URL links
- Mention of live streaming of major sporting events are expressly banned from this page
- If you see an Opportunty post that is unsuitable, a duplicate or otherwise violates the purpose for which you think the page is intended, please report it and our moderators will deal with it.
We’re interested to hear any feedback or suggestions on how to improve the Opportunities idea, so let us know your thoughts by commenting below.