Share this content

To do VAT reg, GBP bank a/c required?

To do a VAT registration, can one use a GBP bank account from a non-UK bank?

Didn't find your answer?

I have a qeury from a client who wants to set up a UK limted company and register VAT. He is based in Poland. He has GBP bank account with Polish bank, can that be use that to register VAT? Does it matter as long as it is a sterling bank account or does it has to be a bank account opened with a UK based bank? Thanks in advance.

Replies (2)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By atleastisoundknowledgable...
26th Jun 2019 17:28

On the off-chance it throws a spanner in HMRC’s systems, tick the box on the application that says “no bank account opened yet”, then provide the bank details once you have the vat no, if you so wish.

Thanks (0)
Replying to atleastisoundknowledgable...:
By jpark1103
28th Jun 2019 11:43

Thanks for that. What my client wanted to know was (he is based in EU) that he already has a sterling bank account opened with his local bank. Can he use that or does a sterling bank account have to be with a UK based bank?

Thanks (0)
Share this content

Related posts