Treatment of unrealised gain on listed investment

How to treat the credit for the revaluation

Didn't find your answer?

Under FRS 102 1A fair value is it correct practice to take the increase in value of listed shares through the profit and loss account to general reserves or should these be shown as a revaluation reserve in the balance sheet until sold?



Replies (1)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By paul.benny
06th Sep 2023 06:56

Equity shares in another company are financial assets which should be accounted for in accordance with FRS102 s11. S11.14 (d) (iv) gives direction on accounting for shares in a listed company.

The Standard is downloadable without charge from the FRC website.

Thanks (2)