Share this content

uk s/e of non-resident

non-resident but carried out self employment for uk based company

Didn't find your answer?

Search AccountingWEB

I have a client that completes annual returns for uk rental property.  He carried out a one-off self employed assignment last year and the UK based payer paid his fee into his UK account.  He remained non-resident and carried out the work whilst he was abroad.  I believe this doesn't need to be declared on his UK tax return but can anyone confirm that?


Please login or register to join the discussion.

13th Nov 2018 12:07

You are taxable on trading IN the UK, not trading WITH the UK. If he has no UK presence (a 'permanent establishment' - there's an accepted OECD definition - and is non-resident, his overseas profits from selling services to UK customers are not taxable in the UK.

Thanks (2)
Share this content