Share this content

UK VAT for consultancy services in Poland

UK VAT for consultancy services in Poland

Can someone assist with this VAT question please.  We have supplied structural engineering advice to a business Client in Poland on a building in Poland.  The advice and drawing work was carried out in the UK for a building situated in Poland.  The invoice will be raised to the Client in Poland.  What do I do about VAT?  I am told it is not chargeable.  Any help will be gratefully received



Please login or register to join the discussion.

By Hansa
08th May 2012 13:17

Reverse Charge

1. Get the client's VAT number & check it (

2. Raise your invoice without VAT

3. State on the invoice "Subject to the Reverse Charge Mechanism" (or similar)


Thanks (1)
09th May 2012 09:25

Polish engineering advice

It sounds like the service is land-related and is therefore taxable where the land is situated (ie Poland.

Thanks (0)
Share this content