Share this content

Undeclared dividend income

Best way to inform HMRC?

Didn't find your answer?

Hi all, 

Due to ill health a new client needs to declare a small amount of dividend income that was missed for the last couple of years, around a couple of hundred pounds in tax per year. 

I was going to disclose via the DDS, but on another HMRC webpage it says to call them.. 

It would be good to hear how others would go about it.

Thanks in advance

Replies (6)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By bernard michael
13th Aug 2019 10:19

Did they submit annual SA returns and just miss the dividends off ?

Thanks (0)
Replying to bernard michael:
By Slim
13th Aug 2019 10:34

Never submitted SATR, its normally coded out.

Thanks (0)
By the_drookit_dug
13th Aug 2019 10:22

Just write a letter disclosing the amounts and the years to which they relate.

Thanks (2)
Replying to the_drookit_dug:
By gainsborough
13th Aug 2019 10:30

That's exactly what I would do.

Thanks (1)
By lionofludesch
13th Aug 2019 10:48


Could be months before they open it, mind.

Thanks (4)
By Justin Bryant
13th Aug 2019 10:55

I have done a DDS for such cases without problems.

Thanks (0)
Share this content