Share this content

undeclared income from previous years

undeclared income from previous years

Can anybody help. A clients wife has recently told me that she has undeclared income from previous years. As she was not my client I told her to contact HMRC who have sent her a 'Notice to complete tax return' for 2011/12. I have now filed a return for 2011/12. Her income consists of a salary from her husband which is taxed under PAYE but she has other self employed income. What is the best way to declare her self employed income for the previous 3 years. I believe there was a recent question on this but I cannot find it. Any help would be appreciated.


Please login or register to join the discussion.

30th Jan 2013 19:32

She should have notifed HMRC of the need to file a return, by 5th October in the year that she was self employed. As such, she could be liabile for a fine.


I would write to HMRC and tell them - and request returns for the years involved.

Thanks (0)
Share this content