Share this content

VAT Booking Entry Query

VAT overpaid on importing goods, refund amount agreed- what bookings to make to recognise it

Didn't find your answer?

Hi there,

We overpaid VAT and Duty on imported goods and confirmed the Duty refund (received) and VAT over-payment with HMRC. They advised to claim back the VAT through the next quarterly VAT return.

So, we need to enter a transaction to DR Input VAT, to reduce the VAT liability, but what should the CR entry be?

Any thoughts welcome.


Replies (1)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By lionofludesch
07th Jul 2020 17:56

CR whatever-you-booked-the-original-overpayment to.

Thanks (0)
Share this content