-we are buying a surf shack built less than 3 years ago, which has short term rentals already booked for the following 24 months
-vendor has elected to charge VAT on the sale price of £350,000
-we are buying it through a VAT registered Limited Company
1) is it correct we can reclaim the £70,000 VAT paid on purchase?
2) but then we will have to charge VAT on rentals?
3) but if we're stepping into the shoes of the previous owner, who hadn't been charging VAT on the rentals so far, do we lose 20% of all rentals agreed so far?
4) is there a way to reclaim the VAT on purchase, and then to "de-register" the property for VAT so as to no longer have to charge VAT on rentals, and on future resale?
5) there are conflicting pieces on the internet, such as (i) "the VAT doesn't follow the property" - but it appears to and (ii) there appears to be a 20-year period during which we have to charge VAT on rentals, or resale
6) do we negotiate a "TOGC", but then still have to charge VAT on rentals, and resale?
Thank you in advance for any help.