Share this content

VAT place of supply

Interior design services - subcontractor

Didn't find your answer?

Good afternoon,

My client is working alongside another interior designer (UK based) as a subcontractor on a project in Spain.

I believe the service falls within land related services according to VAT Notice 741A. Does it mean my client needs to register for VAT in Spain and charge Spanish VAT to the other UK designer?

Thanks for your advice.

Replies (2)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By shaun king
05th Mar 2017 13:18

No it means that the UK treat it as a land related service but the Spanish may not. You need to take Spanish specialist advice

Thanks (1)
Replying to shaun king:
By Chipette
06th Mar 2017 14:33

Many thanks for your answer.
The client has informed me today they have already invoiced the other company charging UK VAT...
Have you any recommendations for a Spanish VAT specialist? Thank you.

Thanks (0)
Share this content