Share this content

W-8BEN Form (US) ...

... is for single beneficiary owners. What if there’s 2 50/50 owners?

Didn't find your answer?

Search AccountingWEB

As in the heading really. 

My client has been sent a W-8BEN form to complete for some goods being sent to them from The US of A. My client has 2 individual unrelated shareholders who are 50/50 owners. The W-8BEN only has space for one beneficiary owner and actually mentions its for single owners. Is there a different form for them to complete? Or should they just complete it incorrectly (which is probably some sort of federal crime, but it’s in America and will anyone every actually know)?


(PS - absolutely no idea which category to put this post under!!). 

Replies (3)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By WhichTyler
16th Aug 2019 09:38

W8-BEN-E is the one to use, with entity type = corporation isn't it ?

Thanks (1)
Replying to WhichTyler:
By daniel_
16th Aug 2019 09:43

Agree. It'll likely be an 'Active NFFE' for non-financial foreign entity.

Thanks (0)
Replying to WhichTyler:
By atleastisoundknowledgable...
16th Aug 2019 09:48

Thanks. Prob should have said my client was a uk ltd! Good guess though.

Thanks (0)
Share this content