Share this content
5
1067

Wasted Time

Why bother answering questions

Well, the anonymous poster I tried to help this A.M. edited his/her post to merely say answered and  the thread has now dissapeared.

In tribute to this, and as , like the Who, I, "Won't get Fooled Again", here is my Eagles based tribute to said poster, the last Anonymous poster I am going to bother responding to on this site.

A Web, you need to sort this nonsense.

"Wasted Time"

Well baby, there you stand
With your little head, down in your hand
Oh, my God, you can't believe it's happening again
The postings gone, and you're all alone
And it looks like the end.

And you're back out on the site.
And you're tryin' to remember.
How do you start it over?
You don't know if you can.
You don't care much for an Anonymous post,
But you can't hold your man.

You never thought you'd be alone this far down the line
And I know what's been on your mind
You're afraid it's all been wasted time

 

 

 

Replies

Please login or register to join the discussion.

30th Aug 2017 13:38

DJKL wrote:

Well, the anonymous poster I tried to help this A.M. edited his/her post to merely say answered and  the thread has now dissapeared.

In tribute to this, and as , like the Who, I, "Won't get Fooled Again", here is my Eagles based tribute to said poster, the last Anonymous poster I am going to bother responding to on this site.

A Web, you need to sort this nonsense.

"Wasted Time"

Well baby, there you stand
With your little head, down in your hand
Oh, my God, you can't believe it's happening again
The postings gone, and you're all alone
And it looks like the end.

And you're back out on the site.
And you're tryin' to remember.
How do you start it over?
You don't know if you can.
You don't care much for an Anonymous post,
But you can't hold your man.

You never thought you'd be alone this far down the line
And I know what's been on your mind
You're afraid it's all been wasted time

 

 

 

If you decide to get back in perhaps use the Quote option in your first reply. Hopefully that will stick even if the OP is edited, and they can't edit your comment :)
Thanks (1)
30th Aug 2017 13:48

Perhaps we need a concerted effort to respond with the same message

"Your query has been received. As the posting is anonymous we are unable to reply in detail. Please select from one of the below options
1. Ask your accountant
2. If you don't have an accountant please get one.
3. £8060.00
Thank you"

Thanks (3)
to Democratus
30th Aug 2017 13:51

I think you'll find that number 3 needs updating.

Thanks (3)
to Portia Nina Levin
30th Aug 2017 16:07

Oh. I know but does Mr Anon?

Thanks (1)
avatar
30th Aug 2017 14:37

Not very helpful to those that were following the thread. Why go to the bother of removing a post? Very odd behaviour.

Thanks (0)
avatar
to ScribbleD
30th Aug 2017 14:50

The mystery to me is why they post in the first place.

Wait... you were following... did you (expect to) learn anything??

Thanks (0)
30th Aug 2017 16:14

Won't get fooled again? I'm sure you will. The need of contributors to help is every bit as strong as the selfishness of some questioners to take.

The world keeps turning and life is set to repeat.

Thanks (0)
to andy.partridge
31st Aug 2017 08:52

andy.partridge wrote:

The world keeps turning and life is set to repeat.

And nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all.
The query appears at the start of the page
And we all hit reply like before.
And we'll all be testy tonight, and testy tomorrow.
Thanks (2)
By DJKL
to stepurhan
30th Aug 2017 17:25

That is great, I do really like it, certainly a better A side than Wasted Time. So do please read this as constructive; substituting thread for forum might work better re cadence/the rhythm.

If adopted I will not insist on a Lennon McCartney alphabet order, more than happy with Stepurhan DJKL on the credits.

Thanks (1)
to DJKL
31st Aug 2017 08:51

DJKL wrote:

That is great, I do really like it, certainly a better A side than Wasted Time. So do please read this as constructive; substituting thread for forum might work better re cadence/the rhythm.

If adopted I will not insist on a Lennon McCartney alphabet order, more than happy with Stepurhan DJKL on the credits.

I knew that when posting it. I just wanted to post it whilst I thought of it and couldn't think of a single word for the forum at the time.

Since questions don't tend to get added to threads (OK some people do resurrect old threads by adding new queries) thread wouldn't work logically. Having thought about it I think "page" will work though. Amended original for that, though noting the change here so you don't look mad for your comment. :-)

Thanks (0)
By DJKL
to stepurhan
31st Aug 2017 09:04

Page does work- damn, now lost my composing credit, will now, at best, have to make do with inclusion in the thanks list in the small print of the album notes.

Thanks (1)
to DJKL
31st Aug 2017 09:27

DJKL wrote:

Page does work- damn, now lost my composing credit, will now, at best, have to make do with inclusion in the thanks list in the small print of the album notes.

With great thanks to DJKL, who gave me good constructive criticism, but still didn't get a writing credit.
Thanks (0)
By DJKL
to stepurhan
31st Aug 2017 09:35

Will settle for that and an all areas backstage pass for the World Tour.

Thanks (1)
to stepurhan
31st Aug 2017 09:53

It seems you need to give a credit to Right Said Fred, just in case. My pop knowledge endeth at this point.

Thanks (0)
to Democratus
31st Aug 2017 10:27

The song I amended was by Del Amitri (Nothing Ever Happens) but I can try doing Right Said Fred later if you like.

Thanks (0)
to stepurhan
31st Aug 2017 14:24

stepurhan wrote:

The song I amended was by Del Amitri (Nothing Ever Happens) but I can try doing Right Said Fred later if you like.

From what I know of Right Said Fred they would probably enjoy that.

Thanks (0)
to Constantly Confused
31st Aug 2017 16:12

Constantly Confused wrote:

stepurhan wrote:

The song I amended was by Del Amitri (Nothing Ever Happens) but I can try doing Right Said Fred later if you like.

From what I know of Right Said Fred they would probably enjoy that.

You are a dirty-minded duck, and I need to be more careful with my phrasing.
Thanks (0)
Share this content