Share this content

What type of valuation on house?

Main residence becoming second home

Didn't find your answer?

Hi all. Simple question. The main residence will become liable to CGT when it becomes the second home(+9 months). A valuation will be needed at that point for a furture CGT calculation. Anybody know what kid of valuation would be acceptable. Estate agent? Comparison of similar properties? Back of fag packet?

Replies (5)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By johngroganjga
27th Jul 2020 16:27

What makes you think a valuation as at the date of change of use will be required? Time apportionment is the way to go. I don’t think the use of interim valuations is even permitted.

Thanks (1)
By Tax Dragon
27th Jul 2020 16:28

You don't value; you time-apportion.

Thanks (1)
paddle steamer
27th Jul 2020 16:38

As pointed out, time apportionment, so in effect the pregnant tax free gains may now, in part at least, fall into tax depending upon future house price movements.

Thanks (0)
By Angus Ogg
27th Jul 2020 16:39

Doh! I knew that. I'm feeling right thick at this point. Thanks guys.

Thanks (0)
Replying to Angus Ogg:
By Paul Crowley
27th Jul 2020 16:46

We all get those moments
I blame Covid overload

Thanks (1)
Share this content