Share this content

Working Abroad

Working Abroad

What are the rules for becoming non resident in respect of paying UK Income tax when you reside and work abroad?
As far as I am aware you have to work abroad for at least a full financial year to avoid paying UK Income Tax. However certain people are of the opinion that there is a form (maybe I84/5) that can be filled out whereby you automatically become non resident and avoid UK Income tax as soon as you leave the country, assuming you have a contract for at least six months.
Claire Anon


Please login or register to join the discussion.

08th Feb 2001 09:05

The IR booklet on residence and domicile is available here

Mircea Lazar
[email protected]

Thanks (0)
Share this content