Just wondering what your stance and thoughts were on the use of sub-contractors?
I am looking into the possibility of using them to help out during busy periods, and as cover for when a member of staff has 3 months unpaid leave to go travelling. Also could subcontractors be used in any period of staff change over i.e. from when an employee leaves and the new member of staff starts?
I would be grateful if you could share your thoughts / experiences:
- Do you use them?
- Would you use them?
- If not what puts you off about sub-contractors?
- What concerns / reservations do you have about using sub-contractors?
- What issues have you had trying to find sub-contractors?
- What issues have you had with hired sub-contractors?
- What payment structure do you tend to use i.e. day / hourly rate, fixed job rate?
- Where do you look for / find sub-contractors?
- Do you think local is key or are you open to cloud based working?
Thanks in advance.