With flotation one of the biggest steps a company can take, a new publication on the pros and cons of doing so might prove a helpful asset. "Going public", written by accountancy firm PKF is intended as a "straight-talking guide to help companies decide if going public is right for them and offering all the vital information about how to go about it."
Issues it addresses include:
- the impact of a higher profile, greater access to capital, loss of privacy, reduced management control, new corporate governance requirements
- whether the official list, AIM, OFEX or overseas is best for you company
- the roles of bankers, lawyers and accountants
- The personal toll that flotation takes individuals
- How to prepare a prospectus
Announcing the guide, J...