The Accounting Council of the Financial Reporting Council (FRC) has held two meetings in the month of July relating to the new Financial Reporting Standard applicable in the UK and Republic of Ireland (draft FRS 102) which is expected to be issued as a final standard towards the end of 2012.
Steve Collings provides a brief summary of those meetings.
Register with AccountingWEB for free to read the rest of the article, which includes:
- Amendment of IFRS for SMEs and the development of FRS 102
- Accounting for biological assets
- Consolidation issues
- ESOPs and EBTs
- Pension schemes
- Performance-related conditions and restrictions
- Going concern
- Insurance accounting
- FRS 101 ‘Reduced disclosure framework’
- Interim reports
- Financial statement formats
- Group disclosures
- Grants and donations
- Pension liabilities
About Steve Collings
Steve Collings, FMAAT FCCA is the audit and technical partner at Leavitt Walmsley Associates Ltd where Steve trained and qualified.