The blog section at AccountingWEB is a reflection of the community values on which the site was founded 20 years ago.
It is where our community of accountants and finance professionals can outline their thoughts on the challenges facing the profession and how to overcome them, react to current events through an accountancy lens or sound off at a particular issue that’s been bothering them.
If you’re interested in contributing a blog to AccountingWEB please read the following guidelines and apply using the link at the end of the piece.
In keeping with the site’s community rules we ask that all blog posts are:
- Posted from an individual’s AccountingWEB account, rather than a company ie Joan Bloggs at Accrington Accountants, rather than Generic Software Inc
- Not direct copies of pieces that appear on other websites – a summary of the piece on another website complete with a link to the AccountingWEB page is acceptable
- Roughly 350 to 700 words in length - a 'sweet spot' for busy professionals
- Complete with a title of no more than 50 characters
- Relevant for our community of accountants and finance professionals
- Non-promotional in nature, and contain no links to overtly promotional sites
- Do not contain any abusive or otherwise offensive material
Any posts that break these rules will be taken down and blogger status may be removed.
Here are few good examples of content that works for our audience:
- No niche required: Startup practices should not niche – this polemic piece from an accountant in practice took a stand on a much-discussed trend in accountancy and generated over 50 comments.
- Recipe for a perfect taxathon – a slightly quirky take on the challenges of self assessment season from an accountancy practice owner.
- Re-writing history with the GDPR time machine – this is an informed take on a timely business issue based on real-life issues and conversations.
- Does networking work? – A ‘from the trenches’ view on networking from a small practitioner.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the AccountingWEB editorial team.
To apply to become a blogger please go to your account, click ‘apply to become a blogger’ and fill out the form. Once you have approval, follow the steps below:
- Go to your account
- Select “start writing your blog post”
- Write your blog and hit publish
Thanks for reading and see you around the site,
The AccountingWEB editorial team
About Accounting WEB
Contributions from the AccountingWEB.co.uk editorial team.