AccountingWEB’s 2020 editorial calendar
It’s fair to say that 2020 promises to be another manic year for accountants, starting with Brexit, 5AML and self assessment, moving on to IR35 and the first Budget in 18 months before ending on a high with AccountingWEB’s inaugural exhibition.
For the UK’s accountants, it feels like 2020 is starting quickly, picking up pace in the middle and finishing quickly.
The new 5AML rules come into force in January, and practitioners and professional bodies will also be scrambling for information ahead of these changes to the money laundering regulations.
We will also see the UK’s much-trailed exit from the European Union, and perhaps get a glimpse of MTD for self assessment, the next phase of the government’s Making Tax Digital project.
Away from MTD, AML and Brexit, accountants in practice are currently approaching the final sprint in the 31 January self assessment deadline race, and we’ll look at any final glitches, hitches or rule changes affecting accountants.
We’ll also examine how artificial intelligence is quietly but effectively creeping into accountants’ daily lives, review the rise and rise of the virtual finance department and tackle the rising tide of accountant stress with our wellbeing series.
Our Accounting Excellence and Software Excellence awards will return bigger and better than ever before, with new categories, trends and winners to reveal and analyse.
Finally, December 2 will see the launch of AccountingWEB Live, where the site will spill out of the virtual world onto the show floor for our first ever exhibition – we hope we will see you there.
Thanks for reading and see you on the site!
The AccountingWEB team
* * *
- Self assessment: Rejections, snags and calculation issues affecting practitioners, plus a guide to surviving SA season
- Brexit: With the UK scheduled to leave the EU, what will this mean for accountants and businesses?
- 5AML: New anti-money laundering regulations come into play – how will the profession react?
- Self assessment: Getting your bills out, community victories, and what would you do differently?
- Start-up in practice 2020 guide: This practical theme outlines the main challenges of starting an accounting firm in 2020, and how to overcome them.
- Client service: What sets leaders apart? What are the habits and processes of a successful CX firm?
- Accounting Excellence Awards: Entries open on 1 February!
- Budget 2020: full previews, coverage and analysis
- An accountant’s guide to the off-payroll reforms for the private sector (IR35)
- Year-end: Planning and business reviews and end-of-tax-year PAYE issues
- Workflow: Using tech to reduce tax season stress.
- Finance Bill: Draft clauses
- The AccountingWEB guide to company secretarial issues
- Have we seen the death of digital marketing in accountancy?
- Employment law update
- Expenses and benefits (including P11D update)
- The FD chameleon: Odd jobs that end up on the finance director’s plate (and how to deal with them)
- Investors in people: What is the state of the art for effective talent management?
- VAT update
- Implementation: How do you put good plans into practice?
- Fintech and Open Banking: An accountant’s guide to driving efficiency
- Client surveys: How to run them and learn from the results
- The modern finance director
- The virtual finance boom: What is it and how can you capitalise?
- Artificial intelligence in accountancy: Where are we now?
- Recruitment: attract your ideal candidate
- Salary, review and bonus benchmarking
- Automation: The battle for accountancy’s soul
- Guide to handling downturns: Focus on cost control and cash management
- Workflow management
- The accountant’s guide to managing stress and promoting wellbeing
- The Accounting Excellence awards: Winners and trends
- Budgeting and planning: Finance director spotlight
- Employment law update
- Property tax rundown
- Payments special
- Strategy shortcuts for accountancy start-ups
- Google Reviews vs platform directories. Are the directories working?
- Accounting Excellence case studies
- AccountingWEB Live: 2-3 December in Coventry
- Self assessment surgery
- Community awards and end of year review
- Countdown to self assessment plus accountant wellbeing
If you're an accountant or vendor with something to contribute to the site on any of the above areas, get in touch via the 'contact us' page.