Hello folks. Long summer holidays from a commuter cyclist perspective, are brilliant. It makes such a big difference when school run cars are not on the road. During term time, parents should take other modes of transport that exclude driving. Not having any offspring, it is easy for me to say. The roads will be congested again soon.
It is not my usual My Week post. I do not know why. I have more to say, but for some reason, I do not want to put pen to paper. Here is today’s My Week.
I surprised myself by recording a video tour of FT store. The recording exceeded my expectations. It was all done on my mobile phone. Mind you, the technology in smartphones makes them idiot proof. I cannot take the credit. The video was made public over the week.
After some thought, I decided to study for CIOT. It is important that I make the time to study UK taxation. As I mentioned in last week’s in Any Answers post, I took taxation exams many many years ago. My studies, I believe, will pay dividends regardless of passing exams. I will study with the intention of passing the exams. Otherwise, I will not be focussed.
Here is my plan for studying and completion of CIOT.
- Taxation of Individuals - May 2018 sitting. Enrolled with Tolleys. Distance Learning+Online lectures. Cost £440+VAT
- Taxation of Owner Managed Businesses – November 2018 sitting
- Awareness Modules (One paper): May 2019. It covers in ONE paper:
- Taxation of Unincorporated Businesses
- Inheritance Tax, Trusts & Estates
- Corporation Tax
- Law and Professional Ethics computer based. After May 2019 exam. Can be done anytime.
- Application and Interaction- Taxation of Owner-Managed Since I took ACCA years ago I am not exempt. – November 2019 sitting.
It is a PLAN. I will see how the first paper goes and then review my plan. I want to complete CIOT. It will help a great deal with my work. Age is NOT on my side.
You might also be interested in
A word of caution.